Sliced Apples with Strawberry Honey Jam and Pecorino Romano Cheese
Posted on 04 November 2016
A true delight for your taste buds! If you love the sweet and salty flavor combination, this is the perfect appetizer or snack for you!
- Granny Smith apples
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 jar Migliarese Strawberry and Honey Jam
- 1 cup crushed and toasted hazelnuts
- Thinly slice Pecorino Romano cheese into slices that will easily fit onto an apple slice.
- Thinly slice Granny Smith apples and arrange on a serving platter.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of each apple slice.
- Spread a small amount of Migliarese Strawberry and Honey Jam on top of each slice of cheese.
- Sprinkle crushed hazelnuts on top.
Due to the tartness of the Granny Smith apples, we recommend pairing this appetizer with a crisp white wine such as Italo Cescon Pinot Grigio. The fruit flavors of the wine will shine alongside the tart apples, salty cheese and sweet jam.