Seared Scallops in Black Raspberry Sauce
Posted on 11 July 2016
An expected surprise comes around when you pair scallops and a sweet berry sauce!
- 1 lb bay scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 1 T Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 T Gilkison Farm Black Raspberry Seedless Jam
- 1 lemon
- Dry the scallops and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Sear scallops about two minutes on each side.
- Remove scallops from the pan, and turn the heat down to medium. Slowly pour the balsamic vinegar into the pan. Stir and simmer until reduced and thick enough to coat the spoon. Add more balsamic vinegar if it gets too thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in Gilkison Farm Black Raspberry Seedless Jam and juice from one lemon.
- Serve over warm scallops with Farro Risotto.
Pair this dish with a light wine like Tonnino Mediterraneo. The citrus flavors in the wine are a refreshing complement to the sweet berry sauce. Prefer a red instead? Try Tonnino Nero d'Avola. The blueberry aromas will come alive next to the sweet and savory flavor of the black raspberries.