Posted on 31 July 2017
A tasty combination of salty and spicy, these Sausage Kebabs are a great quick meal that is satisfying either alone or with a side dish. We recommend serving it with our corn salad. Either way, this is a great picnic dish without too much fuss. If serving along, we recommend a light red wine such as Veglio Dolcetto d'Alba, a great pairing with grilled vegetables.
- 1 large zucchini
- 5 spicy Italian sausages
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 T Migliarese Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T Gran Cucina Genovese Pesto
- Pre-cook the sausages by boiling them for about 20 minutes. This will cut down on grilling time and ensure they are cooked through. If using wooden skewers, now is a good time to soak them in a little water.
- While the sausages are cooking, roughly chop the zucchini, pepper, and red onion to the proper size to fit on a shish-kebab skewer.
- Mix the Migliarese Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Gran Cucina Genovese Pesto until well combined.
- Toss the vegetables in the olive oil/pesto mixture.
- Preheat the grill.
- Once the sausages are cooked, slice them into bite-size pieces to match the size of the chopped vegetables.
- Assemble the kebabs by alternating the vegetables and sausages on the skewer.
- Grill until nice lines appear on the vegetables and sausages and the vegetables are tender.