Orecchiette with Olive Oil and Chives
Posted on 01 March 2022
Sometimes simple and easy is all you need!
- 1 bag of Astorino Orecchiette
- 1/3 cup of Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh chives
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Fresh parsley, for garnishing
- Salt and pepper, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- While you wait for the water to boil, chop the chives and mix with the olive oil in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to the sauce to your taste and stir to combine.
- When the water boils, add a sprinkle of salt. Then add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook for 12 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the parsley for garnish.
- Drain the pasta, but do not rinse. Spoon pasta, about 1/3 at a time into the oil and chive sauce and stir. Continue to add pasta and stir until mixed.
- Spoon the pasta onto individual plates. Sprinkle with Pecorino Romano Cheese and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with warm bread and olive oil seasoned with chopped spices and fresh ground black pepper.
We suggest Apostoli Pinot Grigio for this simple Italian dish.
Want it for your recipe box? Download the printable recipe card below (4 x 6)