Posted on 10 November 2016
We love the flavors of chocolate and orange combined, and the holiday season always seems like the perfect time for the two to collide. And this dessert is just that...sweet chocolate and tart citrus with a little crunch to top it off! It's quick enough to whip up for a last minute dessert and delicious enough to be worth the effort!
- Shortbread cookies
- 1 jar Migliarese Organic Orange Marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Chocolate sauce
- Crushed almonds
- Powdered sugar
- In a small pot, combine the Migliarese Organic Orange Marmalade with the orange juice. Heat over medium heat and stir continuously until well-blended with a smooth consistency. Allow to cool.
- Arrange the shortbread cookies on a serving tray or platter. Spoon the marmalade mixture over the cookies.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the cookies.
- Garnish the treat with crushed almonds and a sprinkle of powdered sugar!
The cookies beg to be accompanied by a sweet dessert wine. The flavors of the dessert and wine complement each other and tone down the sweetness in both. With the fresh orange flavors and sweet chocolate, the fruity taste of our Veglio Moscato d'Asti will create perfect harmony. Prefer coffee with this treat? Serve any blend of Pellini espresso for a warm ending to this great treat.