Mulberry Ricotta Pie
Posted on 04 May 2017
Enjoy the fresh sweetness swirled into the smooth center of this ricotta pie. Sweet enough for dessert, but not too sweet for breakfast, this is the perfect all around delightful treat to enjoy all day. Serve with your favorite espresso blend or enjoy with a glass of chilled Cantine Montagna Sangue di Giuda. You'll thank us for it!
For the pie crust:
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 T milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
For the pie filling:
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Migliarese Mulberry Jam
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a pie pan and evenly sprinkle with a little bit of flour.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the egg and 1/3 cup of sugar until well-combined.
- Add the vanilla, milk, and flour. Continue to mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Press the dough into the pie pan, being sure to make an even layer on the bottom and sides of the pan. Sprinkle more flour onto the dough if it is too sticky.
- Poke the bottom with a fork to avoid any bubbles. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the ricotta, eggs, vanilla, and cornstarch until well blended.
- Pour into the pie pan.
- Dollop spoonfuls of Migliarese Mulberry Jam around the ricotta mixture. Using a knife, gently swirl the jam throughout the pie.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the edges are golden and the center is set.
- Serve slices with fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream.