Italian Recipe - Tomato Bowl
Posted on 25 July 2016
This is a special recipe for us because it was created by our 10-year-old daughter. She loves to help in the kitchen, and has even started preparing some of her favorite recipes for our family. One day she excitedly announced she had a new recipe idea, so she typed her idea and prepared it for us. To our delight, everyone in our family loved this light dish! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 5 fresh tomatoes
- 2 Italian sausages
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli, chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 cup Migliarese Pitted Green Olives, chopped
- 2 T Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh basil
- Slice the top off each tomato.
- Scoop out the flesh, roughly chop and reserve for later.
- Cut sausages into small pieces.
- Cook sausages in a small pot over medium heat until cooked through.
- Once the sausage is cooked, add the extra virgin olive oil, broccoli and olives. Stir and cook until the broccoli is soft.
- Turn the heat down to low. Add fresh basil and the flesh of the tomatoes to the mixture. Simmer and stir for about 20 minutes. Add more oil or water if the mixture becomes too dry.
- Scoop the mixture into each tomato and serve with warm bread and a salad.