Italian Recipe - Tagliatelle Pasta with Potatoes and Spinach
Posted on 09 January 2017
Pizzoccheri is a delightfully filling pasta dish using buckwheat pasta, potatoes and spinach. The same comforting recipe is used here, substituting the buckwheat pasta for carob pasta. Serve with a fresh, crisp white such as Italo Cescon Chardonnay to accent the creaminess of the pasta dish.
- 1 lb (2 bags) Mondo delle Carrube Tagliatelle Pasta
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 lb potatoes, cut into small cubes
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 stick butter
- 9 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the spinach and potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the pasta and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until the pasta reaches your desired taste.
- In the meantime, melt the butter and mix with the minced garlic.
- When the pasta is done, drain the pot, but do not rinse. Add the butter and garlic and a few spoonfuls of grated Parmesan. Mix well.
- In a baking dish, layer half of the pasta and sprinkle half of the cubed cheese on top. Add salt and pepper. Repeat with another layer. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.