Italian Recipe - Squid Ink Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce and Sausage
Posted on 04 January 2017
Colored with squid ink, this delicious delicacy pasta adds a vibrant color to any meal. You might think it needs to be paired with seafood, but surprisingly, Natura Amica's Squid Ink Pasta does not have even the slightest taste of fish. So we have paired the squid ink pasta with a light lemon cream sauce and added sausage for an extra touch. We love to serve this dish with a light white wine such as Tonnino Mediterraneo for a well-balanced flavor combination.
- 1 lb Natura Amica Squid Ink Pasta
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T butter
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb ground sausage
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for about 10 minutes or until it reaches your desired taste.
- In a separate pan, brown the ground sausage.
- Heat olive oil and butter in another large pan. Saute the shallot until golden. Add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Carefully add the white wine to the butter mixture and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the cream and lemon zest and cook until slightly thickened.
- Stir the ground sausage into the cream and simmer on low until pasta is cooked through.
- Combine the lemon cream sauce and sausage with the pasta and serve!