Italian Recipe - Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms
Posted on 24 April 2018
A hearty and earthy risotto recipe with mushrooms perfect as a main dish or side!
- 25 oz Serfunghi Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 4 cups water
- Bay leaf
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 T Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T butter
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups Porcini mushroom broth (recipe included below)
- 4 T grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus extra for serving
- Add four cups of water, a bay leaf, and a sprinkle of salt to a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the dried mushrooms. Cook for approximately 20 minutes. This will create the Porcini mushroom broth to use later.
- Drain the mushrooms but reserve the liquid. Allow the mushrooms to cool. Then roughly chop.
- Heat Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil and butter in a pot on medium heat. Add the onion and cook until golden.
- Pour the rice into the pot. Cook and stir until the rice begins to toast.
- Gently pour the white wine over the rice and onion. Stir and simmer until the wine evaporates.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour one cup of the reserved mushroom broth over the rice and onions. Stir and allow the rice to absorb the liquid. Repeat this step until the rice is fluffy and soft.
- Stir in the chopped Porcini mushrooms. Add grated cheese and stir well.
- Serve with additional cheese, butter and fresh parsley.
Thanks to the Porcini mushrooms, the earthy flavors of this dish pair well with our Prahova Valley Reserve Pinot Noir.