Italian Recipe - Rigatoni with Fall Vegetables
Posted on 26 September 2016
What's more hearty and comforting than pasta and fresh vegetables? We love a dish like this on a cool night, and the bonus is it's easy enough to make on a weeknight.
- 1 bag Natura Amica Rigatoni
- 4 cups butternut squash
- 4 cups eggplant
- 8 oz. portabello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Peel and cut eggplant, squash and red onion into one-inch squares. Roughly chop the mushrooms. Toss with salt, pepper, garlic and EVOO.
- Roast the vegetables for approximately 30 minutes, or until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Once done, toss with fresh rosemary and keep warm until the pasta is cooked.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta to your desired tenderness.
- Drain pasta (save one cup of the pasta water), but do not rinse.
- Return half the pasta to the pot. Add half the goat cheese and half the vegetables and stir well.
- Repeat with the remaining pasta, goat cheese and vegetables. If it becomes too thick, add some of the pasta water.
Serve with a mixed salad and crusty bread. Pair with Italo Cescon Cabernet or Cantine Montagna Pinot Nero Vinificato.