Italian Recipe - Pesto Pasta Salad
Posted on 28 February 2017
Our Pesto Pasta Salad is a great go-to lunch perfect to portion out and enjoy all week long! In fact, it has become a frequent favorite for our kids' school lunches. It is a filling meal that can be served cold or at room temperature. Add your favorite vegetables, protein, and cheese, and it's a win-win every time!
- 1 bag Astorino Cavatelli pasta
- 1/4 cup Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 cup frozen peas or other vegetable of your choice
- 1 cup diced ham, chicken or shrimp
- Sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- Cook the pasta to your desired taste, approximately 12 to 13 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pesto. Whisk until well-combined. Stir in the diced ham and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Pour the frozen peas into the colander you will use to drain the pasta. This will thaw the peas to the perfect temperature.
- Add the pasta and peas to the remaining ingredients in the bowl. Mix well to evenly incorporate all the ingredients.
Enjoy with a white wine like Italo Cescon Riesling.