Italian Recipe - Pesto Chicken
Posted on 28 February 2017
If you are looking for a flavorful meal, then look no further than our pesto chicken! So many tantalizing flavors combine with the bold taste of pesto, fruit flavors of white wine, and salty crunch of toasted pancetta. This pesto chicken begs to be served over pasta with an Alfredo sauce to completely round out the meal.
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breasts or thighs
- 3 T Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound pancetta, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Capers for garnish (optional)
- Combine flour, salt and pepper on a plate. Dredge the chicken in the flour and allow it to sit until the pancetta is cooked.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the pancetta and cook until golden. Remove from pan.
- Place the pan back on the heat and carefully place the floured chicken in the pan. Cook until golden brown, about four minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Slowly add the white wine to the pan and stir. Be sure to scrape up the brown bits from the chicken and pancetta.
- Add the pesto to the pan and stir well to combine into a sauce.
- Place the chicken back in the pan. Cover and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes, adding more white wine if the sauce begins to evaporate.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, serve over pasta or rice, and drizzle with the slightly thickened pesto sauce. Top the chicken with the pancetta and garnish with capers.
Serve with a flavorful red like Veglio Barbera d'Alba.