Italian Recipe - Pellini Salted Caramel Mocha
Posted on 22 September 2016
I am prone to wanting to make everything as homemade as possible. That includes adding homemade caramel syrup (which, by the way, is a great addition to pancakes and waffles, just without the salt) to create a Salted Caramel Mocha. Sweet and salty flavors for a cool fall day...delicious!
- 1 shot of your favorite blend of Pellini espresso
- 2 T salted caramel (see recipe below)
- 2 T Nutella or chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup steamed milk
- Whipped cream
- Prepare the steamed milk.
- Prepare the espresso in a cup.
- Warm the Nutella and salted caramel syrup. Mix well and pour over espresso.
- Pour the steamed milk on top of the espresso.
- Add plenty of whipped cream and additional caramel and chocolate syrup.
Caramel Syrup - This recipe was shared with us a few years ago and continues to be a family favorite for pancakes, waffles and ice cream. We've just added the salt for this recipe for a salted caramel mocha.
- 6 T butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 t sea salt
- Pour sugar into a heavy pan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is melted. Be careful not to let the sugar burn.
- Once the sugar is melted, add the butter and stir to combine.
- Then slowly pour in the cream and allow to boil for one minute.
- Stir in the salt.