Italian Recipe - Mostaccioli Calabresi
Posted on 09 May 2018
This traditional sweet treat, Mostaccioli, can be enjoyed for breakfast, dessert, or a snack. It's delicious anytime and is a favorite of our family!
- 1 1/4 cup Migliarese Mixed Blossom Honey
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 4 cups flour (plus more if needed)
- 1/4 cup Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 grated orange peel
- 1 cup whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, mix the honey, baking soda, and molasses.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well, kneading with your hands until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces and roll each into a log. Flatten the logs slightly.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minute and then remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200° F.
- While still warm, slice into 1/2-inch slices. Place the slices back onto the baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Enjoy warm or cooled with your favorite Pellini espresso.