Italian Recipe - Maccheroncini with Eggplant Sauce
Posted on 01 February 2018
We love tomato sauce, and our new Migliarese sauce with eggplant is a good way to add something extra to traditional recipes. This is a quick, hearty recipe and makes for a great dinner on busy nights!
- 1 lb. Astorino Maccheroncini pasta
- 2 T Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 pound shredded chicken
- 1 jar Migliarese sauce with eggplant
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs like oregano, parsley, and basil
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and saute the onion until golden. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the chicken, sauce with eggplant, and red wine. Stir well. Allow the sauce to simmer on low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until desired taste, approximately 10 to 13 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, but do not rinse. Pour the pasta back into the pot and incorporate the sauce. Season with salt, pepper, and fresh herbs to taste.
- Garnish with grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
Serve with a red wine like Trambusti Chianti. This hearty sauce is the perfect combination for a chianti, especially one with a harmonious and fresh taste.