Italian Recipe - Maccheroncini Fantasia Piccanti
Posted on 30 September 2016
Add some spice to your dinner routine with this quick pasta dish featuring spicy pasta and pancetta.
- 1 bag of Astorino Maccheroncini Piccanti (spicy) pasta
- 1/3 cup Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 slices of pancetta 1/2 inch thick, cut in small cubes
- 1/2 T small capers
- 1 T pitted black olives, cut in small pieces
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, cut in slivers
- 4 oz. Chevre (goat cheese) for serving on top of the pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat and saute pancetta for five minutes. Add mushrooms, olives, capers and garlic. Cook for an additional four to five minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes. Turn heat down to low and let simmer while the pasta cooks, stirring occasionally.
- When the water comes to a boil, add pasta and cook approximately 12 minutes or until desired texture.
- Drain pasta, but do not rinse. Combine the pasta and pancetta mixture. Spoon onto plates and top with a spoonful of Chevre.
Pair this pasta dish with Veglio Michelino & Figlio Sinfonia.