Italian Recipe - Lemon Pesto Risotto
Posted on 17 January 2017
This spin on risotto makes a quick dinner or side dish. It has the perfect combination of lemon, pesto, and cheese!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 T Migliarese Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Grated lemon rind, chopped finely
- 4 T grated Grana cheese, plus extra for serving
- Heat Migliarese Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pot. Add the onion and cook until golden.
- Pour the rice into the pot. Cook and stir until the rice begins to toast.
- Gently pour the white wine over the rice and onion. Stir and simmer until the wine evaporates.
- Reduce head to medium low. Pour one cup of the broth over the rice and onion. Stir and allow the rice to absorb the liquid. Repeat this step until the rice is fluffy and soft to taste.
- Stir in the pesto and lemon rind. Add grated cheese and combine well.
- Serve with additional cheese, butter and parsley (if desired).
Serve with a side salad and a crisp, citrus white wine like Tonnino Grillo.