Italian Recipe - Lasagna
Posted on 12 February 2018
Tired of your usual lasagna recipe? Try ours that uses veggies, ground beef, shredded cheese, and a combination of three different delicious sauces (2 tomato base and 1 cream)!
- 1/4 cup Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jar Migliarese Tomato Puree
- 1 jar Gran Cucina Old Fashioned Basil Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and nutmeg
- 2 cups grated Provolone cheese
- 1 box "No Bake" lasagna noodles
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Heat the Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large pan. Saute the onion, carrot and celery until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and cook with the vegetables until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Carefully add the Migliarese Tomato Puree and Gran Cucina Old Fashioned Basil Sauce. Stir well and add the water to keep it from thickening too much. Simmer while you complete the remaining steps.
- In a separate pot, melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour and stir to cook, creating a thick roux. Slowly add the heavy cream and stir well. The sauce will thicken quickly. Season with salt and nutmeg.
- Oil or butter a 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour a small amount of the cream sauce on the bottom of the dish. Layer the pasta, beef, and cream sauce. Continue layers for three more layers. Sprinkle the grated Provolone cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Cut and serve!
Lasagna is a perfect dish to pair with a hearty red wine. We recommend Trambusti Sentimento, a Super-Tuscan with an excellent body and a touch of spice, toast almonds, and berry flavors.