Italian Recipe - Chicken and Feta Stromboli with Pesto
Posted on 28 February 2017
Our family is crazy for pizza, Stromboli and calzones! That's why we love the Sapori Antichi Pizza Fai Da Te (Do It Yourself) Pizza Kit. We have a family menu of options and always try to create something unique. Our chicken and feta Stromboli is easy to prepare with leftover ingredients and perfect for a Friday Family Fun Night!
- 1 Sapori Antichi Pizza Fai Da Te (Do It Yourself) Pizza Kit
- 1 jar Migliarese Tomato Puree
- ½ cup Gran Cucina Genovese Pesto
- 4-5 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 T Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dried oregano for garnish
- Prepare the pizza dough according to the pizza kit, allowing the dough to rise in three balls instead of four.
- Once the dough is ready, roll dough ball out to measure approximately 15 inches long by 12 inches wide.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of Migliarese Tomato Puree with 1/2 cup pesto. Spread a few tablespoons of the mixture down the center lengthwise of the rolled out dough.
- Layer the chicken, 1/3 cup feta and 1 cup mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Gently fold over the long edges over the layers. Tuck the short edges over and press the seams.
Sprinkle a little cornstarch onto a baking sheet (this is not essential, but it does help keep the bottom of the Stromboli from sticking to the baking sheet). Place the Stromboli on the baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, gently slice diagonal cuts into the top of the dough to allow steam toescape.
- Drizzle the top of the Stromboli with Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with oregano.
- Repeat with the other two dough balls.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the remaining Migliarese Tomato Puree and season as desired to enjoy with the Stromboli.
- Cool each Stromboli slightly, slice into strips and enjoy!