Italian Recipe - Cavatelli with Bacon and Mushrooms
Posted on 13 April 2018
- 1 lb. Astorino Cavatelli
- 1 lb bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 leeks, sliced thinly
- 1 jar Serfunghi Mixed Mushrooms
- 1/2 lb. shredded Fontina cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until desired taste.
- In a large pan, cook the bacon until it begins to brown and crisp. Add the leeks and cook until golden.
- Drain and roughly chop the Serfunghi Mixed Mushrooms and add them to the bacon and leeks. Keep warm.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain, but do not rinse and combine with mushroom and bacon mixture.
- Scoop the pasta into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with the shredded cheese and broil to melt the cheese. Stir well and serve!
Our favorite wine with this dish is Bodegas Monte La Reina Claudia (yes, it's Spanish!). With notes of apple and citrus fruits, this semi-sweet sparkling white wine is a surprising and delicious accompaniment to the salty flavors of this dish.