Italian Recipe - Cannoli Pasta
Posted on 31 July 2017
You read that right! Cannoli pasta...is it dessert or dinner? A little of both, I suppose. This sweet, delicious pasta is just sweet enough to be a tasty treat, but not too sweet to be enjoyed as dinner. Pair this with a delicious wine like Veglio Bacco Sweet Red or Italo Cescon Prosecco, and you have a decadent dinner just right for a summer night.
- 1 bag Natura Amica Cacao Pasta
- 3 T butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, for garnish
- 2 T Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chopped pistachios, for garnish
- Using a large pot. boil water to make the pasta.
- In a separate medium-sized pot, melt the butter and sugar over medium heat. Then add the berries and cook until they break down.
- Once the raspberry sauce is cooked, remove about 1/2 cup of the sauce and reserve for later. If the reserved sauce is too thick, add a little pasta water. This sauce will be drizzled over the pasta later.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and ricotta cheese.
- Combine the chocolate chips and Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a bowl and microwave on low until the chocolate is melted.
- When the pasta is cooked to your desired taste, drain it, but do not rinse. Gently combine the pasta with the ricotta berry mixture.
- Spoon the pasta onto plates, then drizzle the reserved raspberry sauce and chocolate sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle well with the chopped pistachios.
- Enjoy this decadent pasta dish with the crisp refreshing Italo Cescon Prosecco or the semi-sweet flavors of Veglio Bacco Sweet Red wine.