Fig Jam Crostini
Posted on 06 September 2017
The savory goodness of creamy goat cheese and sweet fresh flavors of Migliarese Fig Jam are a perfect combination when combined with salty toasted pistachios and honey. Satisfying and simple, this appetizer is easy to create when guests are nearby or to enjoy as a quick and easy accompaniment to your own dinner.
- 1 baguette loaf
- 9 oz. goat cheese
- 1 jar Migliarese Extra Fig Jam
- 1 cup toasted pistachios
- Thinly slice the baguette. Place the slices on a baking sheet. Under the broiler, lightly toast on both sides. Allow to cool.
- Spread a generous amount of goat cheese on each bread slice.
- Place a dollop of Migliarese Extra Fig Jam on each slice and gently spread over the goat cheese.
- Sprinkle toasted pistachios over each crostini.
- Drizzle honey over the crostini.
Because of the spicy notes Tonnino Syrah makes an excellent accompaniment to this appetizer. Alternatively, a crisp white wine such as Corte del Sole Soave will perfectly complement the creamy cheese and sweet flavor of the fig jam.