Butternut Squash with Mixed Mushrooms
Posted on 22 May 2018
Looking for a new recipe to try for dinner? We love this meal that mixes sausage with yummy vegetables like butternut squash, mushrooms, and spinach. All in a delicious sauce!
- 3 cups butternut squash, roasted
- 1/4 cup Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 jar Serfunghi Mixed Mushrooms
- 5 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Gran Cucina Basil Pesto
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Chop the butternut squash into bite-sized pieces and roast until golden brown. Season as desired.
- Heat the Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large pan. Sauté the onion until it is translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Cook the sausage in the same pan as the onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Drain.
- Roughly chop the Serfunghi Mixed Mushrooms and spinach. Add to the pan with the sausage and cook until spinach wilts.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream and the Gran Cucina Basil Pesto. Add a little olive oil if the sauce is too thick. Add to the pan and stir well to combine.
- When the butternut squash is tender and golden gently combine with the sausage mixture.
This hearty dish can be served alone or with a mixed green salad and bread. Enjoy with a light red wine such as Veglio Dolcetto d'Alba, a dry harmonic wine with an earthy aroma.