Almond Shortbread with Honey Ricotta
Posted on 09 May 2018
Ready to treat yourself and your family with a light and sweet dessert? Try this recipe for almond shortbread with honey ricotta.
Ingredients (per serving):
For the Almond Shortbread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 t almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- Crushed almonds
For the Honey Ricotta
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Migliarese Mixed Blossom Honey
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Drain excess moisture from the ricotta cheese by placing it in a sieve. Rest the sieve over a bowl until the almond shortbread is in the oven and you are ready to prepare the cream.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Beat sugar and butter until creamy. Add almond extract.
- Stir in the flour until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Shape each piece of dough into a round ball and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Gently press each dough ball into a flat round cookie and top with a teaspoon of crushed almonds, pressing the almonds into the dough.
- Bake until golden around the edges, about 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to cook slightly before removing from baking sheet.
- While the shortbread is baking, prepare the honey ricotta. Warm the Migliarese Mixed Blossom Honey slightly in order to mix it easily. Place the drained ricotta cheese into a clean bowl and mix with the honey and vanilla extract. Blend well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spoon desired amount of honey ricotta onto a dessert plate. Dust with cocoa powder and top with an almond shortbread cookie. Drizzle warm chocolate over the entire dessert or add more crushed almonds and enjoy!
*Shortbread cookie recipe from Genius Kitchen.