Italian Recipe - Green Tomato Chicken
Posted on 10 March 2016
We LOVE chicken piccata! And this version adds a little something different - Migliarese Green Tomato Jam. It adds a little bit of sweetness to the fresh, sauteed vegetables and goat cheese we paired with it. Serve with Tonnino Grillo to add fruity flavors of pineapple and apple to the sweet and savory sauce in this dish.
- 1/2 cup Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flour for dredging the chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup white whine, like Tonnino Grillo
- 1/2 jar Migliarese Green Tomato Jam
- Heat olive oil in large pan.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and place in the hot pan. Cook the chicken just long enough to brown on both sides. Remove chicken from pan and turn heat down to low.
- Gently pour the wine into the pan, scarping up any bits from cooking the chicken.
- Add the green tomato jam and capers and stir well.
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Using a ladle, spoon some of the juices over the chicken. Cover and allow it to simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Check frequently and add more wine as needed so the chicken doesn't dry out.
- Serve on top of your favorite vegetables, like sauteed spinach and goat cheese, with a heaping spoonful of the juices in the pan.