Italian Recipe - Farro with Asparagus Paté
Posted on 22 February 2016
We are thinking green and spring with our latest creation, Farro with Asparagus Paté. Farro is a hearty grain with the added benefits of protein, minerals and fiber. You can eat it by itself, use it in place of a risotto (which is what we did for this recipe), or add it to soups and salads. Serve this recipe with a fresh side salad and enjoy a simple dinner that takes little effort but feels you up!
- 4 T butter
- 4 T Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups Farro
- 1 cup white wine (we used Italo Cescon Chardonnay)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 4 oz. Porcini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 jar Migliarese Asparagus Paté
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Melt butter and heat olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the farro. Cook and stir until toasted.
- Slowly add the white wine. Reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook until the wine has been absorbed.
- Pour one cup of vegetable broth into the pot and stir until absorbed.
- Add the spinach and mushrooms.
- Continue to add broth and allow the farro to absorb it until it reaches your desired taste and texture. Because farro is a hearty grain, it will remain slightly chewy when it is fully cooked.
- Stir in the Migliarese Asparagus Paté and cheese.
- Season with your favorite spices, if desired.
- Pair with a crisp white wine, like Italo Cescon Chardonnay. The buttery flavor of the Chardonnay and the creamy, rustic texture of the dish create a flavorful pair!