Chocolate Pasta with Spicy Strawberry Sauce
Posted on 09 February 2016
Create this fresh, new recipe for a sweet and spicy twist this Valentine's Day! Made with our heart-shaped chocolate pasta, this dish is a fun new dinner idea to try!
Natura Amica has integrated the flavor of cocoa into a pasta without creating a "sweet like dessert" taste. Made with durum wheat semolina flour and cacao (not to be confused with cocoa), this pasta is an all-natural choice. Why cacao? It is a pure, raw form of chocolate (not processed like cocoa) and contains a great number of antioxidants.
- 1 bag Natura Amica Chocolate Pasta
- 2 T. Migliarese basil-infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup Migliarese Strawberry and Honey Jam
- 1 1/2 T Migliarese Hot Pepper Jam
- 3/4 cup white wine
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- Boil water and cook pasta.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the strawberries and cook for two minutes.
- Stir in the strawberry and honey jam and the hot pepper jam. Mix well.
- Slowly add the wine and allow to cook until thickened and wine is reduced. Keep warm.
- Drain the pasta but do not rinse.
- Combine the pasta and spicy strawberry sauce.
- Sprinkle with Pecorino Romano cheese.