Italian Vodka Cream Pasta Sauce
Posted on 19 February 2016
Some people are skeptical when it comes to cooking with alcohol. But alcohol evaporates while cooking, leaving the taste without the actual alcohol. We love to serve this creamy, flavorful sauce with a hearty pasta shape such as Natura Amica Rigatoni. Top your pasta with Pecorino Romano cheese and serve with a lighter red wine like Italo Cescon Cabernet.
- 2 cups Mamma's Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup unflavored vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat the marinara sauce in a pot all the way through.
- Add the vodka and cook for at least 15 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the heavy cream until well combined.
- Serve over your favorite pasta!