Chocolate Pasta with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Posted on 25 January 2016
Chocolate pasta? Absolutely! And you definitely need to try it! This delicious specialty pasta will add a whole new dimension to your pantry. Natura Amica has integrated the flavor of cocoa into a pasta without creating a "sweet like dessert" taste. Made with durum wheat semolina flour and cacao (not to be confused with cocoa), this pasta is an all-natural choice. Why cacao? It is a pure, raw form of chocolate (not processed like cocoa) and contains a great number of antioxidants.
A delicious accompaniment of chocolate is, of course, cream! So we have created a cream with gorzonola cheese to combine the saltiness of gorgonzola cheese with the chocolate pasta.
- 2 T butter
- 2 T flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. gorgonzola cheese
- 1 bag Natura Amica Chocolate Pasta
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add the flour and stir to thicken. Continue to cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the milk and heavy cream, stirring constantly to combine the flour mixture with the milk and to avoid clumping.
- Lower the heat and add the gorgonzola cheese, stirring constantly until melted. Reduce heat to a low simmer to keep warm.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes or to desired taste.
- Drain the pasta, but do not rinse.
- Gently combine the pasta and sauce.
- Serve with a sprinkling of gorgonzola cheese.
Recipe adapted from Foodie Crush.