Natura Amica Butterfly Pasta with Alfredo Sauce
Posted on 23 November 2015
In our house, nothing beats homemade alfredo sauce! And a wonderful and oh-so-pretty addition to alfredo sauce is our new Natura Amica Farafalle pasta! The two combine beautifully to create an elegant meal. Serve with your favorite wine. We recommend pairing it with Italo Cescon Chardonnay if you prefer white wine or Veglio Sinfonia if you like reds.
- 1 lb. Natura Amica Farafalle Butterfly Fantasia Pasta
- 4 T butter
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated, plus more for serving
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped, for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a sauce pan over medium-high, add the butter and 2/3 cup of heavy cream. Cook until butter has melted and incorporated into the cream. Remove from heat and stir in the nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta for 10 to 13 minutes, depending on your preferred taste.
- Drain the pasta, but do not rinse. Pour the pasta back into the pot and add the cream sauce. Gently stir well to coat the pasta. Add the remaining 1/3 cup of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of grated cheese. Stir well and serve with additional grated cheese and a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top.