Posted on 30 August 2015
This quick and easy dinner is perfect for a busy week night, adding color and flavor that will taste like you spent hours in the kitchen. And the added bonus for your pickiest eater is that the veggies are right in the pasta! Serve with a delicious side salad and a glass of your favorite red wine, and you are all set for a relaxing family meal. We recommend the Terre di Poggi Pinot Noir.
- 1 lb. Natura Amica Linguine Tricolori
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup Migliarese extra virgin olive oil
- Nutmeg, salt and pepper
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. In a large pan, saute the ground sausage over medium-high heat until just slightly pink. Add the chopped onion and garlic. Continue to cook until the sausage is no longer pink.
3. Reduce heat and stir in the whole milk and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Continue to cook until the milk bubbles away.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta until desired taste, approximately 10-13 minutes.
5. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse. Pour the pasta back into the pot and add the extra virgin olive oil, stirring well.
6. Combine the sausage mixture with the pasta and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with grated Pecorino Romano cheese on top.