Posted on 27 August 2015
Pasta Carbonara is a favorite in our family. The creamy texture, along with the savory taste of pancetta, create a dish to please everyone! We love this dish served with a chilled glass of Terre di Poggi Pecorino. The fresh, crisp flavors of the wine create a delightful balance to the hearty flavors of the pasta.
- 1 lb of spaghetti
- 8 oz. pancetta (or bacon) sliced into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 T butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for serving
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and papper
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta to desired taste.
2. Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add the cubed pancetta, cooking and stirring until browned. Add the garlic and stire for an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant. Set aside.
3. Melt the butter, then stir in the grated cheese. Add the egg yolks and mix well. If the mixture is dry, add a little bit of the pasta water to create a smooth and creamy consistency.
4. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add the egg mixture. Stir well to combine.
5. Add the pancetta and mix well. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley, extra grated cheese, and of course, a chilled glass of Terre di Poggi Pecorino.