Spinach and Cheese Steak Roll-ups
Posted on 11 May 2015
Kick off the grilling season with Spinach and Cheese Steak Roll-ups! Serve with Tonnino Nero d’Avola. The intensity of this red wine combined with the rich flavors of the steak will create an unmistakable balance of flavor!
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak
- Salt, pepper and garlic
- ½ pound of spinach, loosely chopped
- Provolone, sliced
- Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Tonnino Nero d’Avola
- Using a meat mallet, pound the steak to a ¼ inch thickness.
- Brush the steak with Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Season well with the salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add a layer of spinach and cover with slices of Provolone cheese.
- Working from the long side of the steak, tightly roll into a log shape while keeping the cheese and spinach secured inside the roll. Tie kitchen string every 3 inches to keep the roll closed.
- In a hot pan, add Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive oil and cook onion until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Pour in ½ cup Tonnino Nero d’Avola and cook until almost evaporated. Add about 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar and cook to thicken. Remove from heat.
- On a hot grill, cook the Roll-up on all sides until grill lines appear. Remove from grill and slice into 2 inch thick pieces. Keeping each slice tied with string, place them back on the grill just until meat is cooked as desired.
- Serve each Spinach & Cheese Steak Roll-up with Balsamic Glaze drizzled over the top accompanied with a glass of Tonnino Nero d’Avola! Add a fresh tomato and mozzarella salad and enjoy!