Re Della Notte Risotto, a Veglio Michelino e Figlio Family Recipe
Posted on 03 April 2015
Re Della Notte adds a subtle spark of flavor to the traditional risotto.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 T butter
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup Veglio Michelino e Figlio Re Della Notte
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 T Grana cheese, grated, plus extra for serving
- Melt the butter in a pot. Add the onion and cook until golden in color.
- Pour the rice into the pot. Cook and stir until the rice begins to toast.
- Gently pour the Re Della Notte over the rice and onion. Stir and simmer until the wine evaporates.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour one cup of the vegetable broth over the rice and onion. Stir and allow the rice to absorb the liquid. Repeat this step until the rice is fluffy and soft to taste. Stir in the grated cheese.
- Serve with additional cheese, butter and fresh parsley, if desired.