Posted on 03 March 2015
If you are like me, you have trouble figuring out exactly how to cook fish. This Salmon Pasta is a quick and easy way to help incorporate fish into your diet.
- 1 lb. fresh salmon, washed and cut into pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 oz. Migliarese Tomato Sauce
- ¾ cup heavy cream (or half and half for reduced fat)
- 1 bag Astorino Maccheroni Calabrese
- Bring water to a boil and cook pasta when ready.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the butter and sauté the onion until golden.
- Add the salmon and cook for just 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the sauce and heavy cream; stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 15-20 minutes.
- When pasta is cooked to desired taste, drain (but do not rinse) and gently combine with the salmon.
Serve with Italo Cescon Pinot Grigio for a crisp taste to accompany the creamy taste of the Salmon Pasta.