Baked Strozzapreti Paired with Damiani Chianti
Posted on 21 January 2015
Who doesn't love a great baked pasta dish? This recipe for a rich Baked Strozzapreti pairs well with the balanced flavors of the Damiani Chianti.
- 1 bag Astorino Strozzapreti pasta
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Damiani Chianti
- 2 jars Migliarese Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small bites
- Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for serving
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Brown ground sirloin over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add chopped onion and garlic and continue to cook, stirring frequently.
2. When the sirloin is almost cooked through, add 1 cup Damiani Chianti. Turn the heat down to medium low. Cook until the wine is reduced by half.
3. Add the jars of Migliarese Tomato Sauce. Stir and continue to cook just above a simmer.
4. When the water comes to a boil, add the pasta and cook for about 10 minutes. It should be cooked almost to your desired tenderness. It will continue to cook in the oven. Drain the pasta in a colander, but do not rinse.
5. Mix the ricotta cheese and fresh mozzarella in the pasta pot and stir well to combine. Add about half of the sauce and continue to mix. Add the pasta to the pot and stir. Mix the remaining sauce with the pasta.
6. Scoop the pasta into an oven-safe dish and baked for about 15 minutes.