Mushrooms with Tomato Sauce
Posted on 14 December 2014
This recipe is a favorite of our Italian family!
- 2 pounds cremini or portobello mushrooms, washed and cut in bite-sized pieces
- 3 Tablespoons Migliarese Rosemary Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 jar Migliarese Tomato Sauce
- salt and pepper
- fresh rosemary sprig
- fresh parsley, chopped
1. Heat pan on medium high heat. Add oil. When oil is hot, saute onion until transparent. Add the mushrooms and saute them for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add garlic and saute about 30 seconds more or until fragrant.
2. Stir the Migliarese Tomato Sauce and rosemary sprig into the mushroom mixture and let simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper, as desired.
3. Discard the rosemary sprig and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve the mushrooms and sauce as a side dish to a hearty meal, or add it to your favorite pasta as a delicious sauce.
Pair with a full-flavored red wine such as Veglio Nebbiolo.