Maccheroncini Alfredo with Turkey and Peas
Posted on 30 November 2014
Turn your Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty new dish with this Maccheroncini Alfredo with Turkey and Peas recipe!
- 1 bag Astorino Maccheroncini
- Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 T butter
- 4 cups leftover turkey
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese, plus more for garnish
- Salt, pepper and parsley to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Chop the leftover turkey into bite-sized pieces. Meanwhile, in a second pot, melt butter and 2/3 cup of heavy cream on low. Continue to heat until the butter is melted and mixed with the cream. Turn heat off and let sit.
3. When the pasta water is boiling, add a little olive oil and salt. Stir in the pasta and cook for about 8 minutes. Add the frozen peas and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the pasta and peas are cooked to desired tenderness. Drain the pasta and peas but do not rinse.
4. Return them to the pot and pour the cream and butter mixture over the pasta. Combine well. Add the turkey and continue to mix. Add the Asiago cheese and the remaining 1/3 cup heavy cream to the pasta, stirring well. Season to taste and serve with additional Asiago cheese on top.*
Enjoy with a baby green salad with olive oil and vinegar.
*Alternatively, place the pasta in an oven-proof dish. Top with Asiago cheese and a light layer of bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes to make bubbly and crispy on top. Serve immediately.
Maccheroncini Alfredo with Turkey and Peas pairs well with Tonnino Grillo as a light accompaniment to the creamy sauce. Have a happy Thanksgiving!