Cavatelli with Chives and Olive Oil
Posted on 01 October 2014
Cavatelli with Chives and Olive Oil is a light and simple pasta dish. Although it is made with just a few ingredients, the blend of the Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sharp Pecorino Romano cheese creates a rich and satisfying taste. Complement this pasta dish with a simple tomato salad and plenty of bread to dip with any extra olive oil and cheese! Enjoy with the flowery and crisp taste of Corte del Sole Soave, and you have a perfectly paired dish to help you unwind after a busy day!
- 1 bag Astorino Cavatelli
- 1/3 cup of Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh chives
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Fresh parsley, for garnishing
- Salt and pepper, optional
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. While the water boils, chop the chives and mix with the olive oil in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to the sauce to your taste and stir to combine.
3. When the water boils, add a sprinkle of salt. Then add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook for 12 minutes.
4. While the pasta is cooking, chop the parsley for garnish.
5. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse. Spoon pasta, about 1/3 at a time into the oil and chive sauce and stir. Continue to add pasta and stir until mixed.
6. Spoon the pasta onto individual plates. Sprinkle with Pecorino Romano Cheese and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with warm bread and olive oil seasoned with chopped spices and fresh ground black pepper and a glass of Corte del Sole Soave. Buon Appetito!