Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
Posted on 06 September 2014
This Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce recipe was shared with us by one of our fans, Leslie Fravel. The fresh taste of the cherry tomatoes combined with the sweet Balsamic Vinegar provide a wonderful flavor. This sauce is great to have on hand for any meal. We combined the Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce with Astorino Maccheroncini, but it would make a great addition to chicken, fish and vegetables. This healthy recipe is definitely one to have on hand for busy weeknights. We are so excited about sharing this fan recipe with you! Buon appetito!
- 2 lbs. of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 plum cloves of garlic, left whole
- Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to taste
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Dried herbs such as Italian seasoning, Oregano or Herbs de Provence
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover a cookie sheet or jelly roll an with foil for easy clean up.
2. Place sliced tomatoes and garlic in one layer on foil. Drizzles tomatoes and garlic with Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil and balsamic vinegar. Use your fingers to make sure the oil and vinegar cover all the tomatoes and garlic.
3. Sprinkle dried herbs, salt and pepper over the tomatoes and garlic. Toss again with your fingers to ensure even coverage.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve over pasta, chicken, fish or vegetables.
If you prefer to save this sauce for another day:
Cool on cookie sheet. Pack in clean, glass jars. Add additional olive oil to cover the tomatoes in the jar. The Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Fravel.