Strozzapreti a l'Amatriciana
Posted on 11 August 2014
- 1 lb of Astorino Strozzapreti
- 2 T sea salt
- 1/4 cup Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces pancetta, diced
- 2 T butter or margarine
- 1 glass of white wine (optional)
- 1 jar Migliarese Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano or Romano cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. On medium heat, sauté onion and pancetta in olive oil for 5 minutes. Add butter and wine. Stir to create a nice, light cream. Let the wine reduce (about 5 minutes).
3. Add the tomato sauce. Reduce to medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Add salt and pasta to boiling water and cook for 12 minutes or until desired texture. Drain pasta, but do not rinse.
5. Alternately stir together the pasta, sauce and cheese until well mixed. Serve with additional cheese on top.
Pair with Barolo by Veglio Michelino & Figlio. This dry, bold, full-bodied wine offers a nice balance of tannins and acidity while providing a harmonic finish.