Posted on 09 August 2014
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream + 1/2 cup
- 2 packages ladyfingers
- 1/3 cup brandied espresso (add 1 tsp. brandy to espresso)
- 1 T unsifted confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Beat egg yolks and sugar for about one minute until thick and lemon colored.
2. Place egg mixture in double boiler over boiler water.
3. Reduce heat to low and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and add Mascarpone cheese, beating well. Beat 1 3/4 cup heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture. Line bottom and side of 2 1/2-3 quart soufflé dish with ladyfinger halves, split side up.
5. Brush with brandied espresso. Spoon half of egg yolk cream mixture over ladyfingers.
6. Repeat layers.
7. Make sweetened whipped cream by beating 1/2 cup heavy cream, confectioner's sugar and vanilla extra until stiff peaks form. Garnish the tiramisu with the sweetened whipped cream and cocoa. Cover and refrigerate several hours.
Pair with Moscato d'Asti by Veglio Michelino & Figlio. This sweet wine is low in alcohol and has a refreshing flavor with intense aromas of freshly picked grapes.