Italian Recipe - Fusilli Carob Pasta with Ricotta Cheese
Posted on 20 May 2016
- 1 8.8 oz. bag Carrube Fusilli Pasta
- 3 T Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Fresh chives
- Boil water in a pot and cook pasta for approximately 12 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Carefully add the ricotta cheese and cook until combined and thickened slightly. If it becomes too thick, add a spoonful of the pasta water and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- When the pasta has cooked, drain, but do not rinse. Immediately combine with the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Garnish with Pecorino Romano cheese and fresh chives for a delicate boost in flavor.
Serve this dish with grilled chicken or fish, a side salad and a glass of your favorite white wine. We recommend Italo Cescon Chardonnay. It's fresh buttery flavor is well-suited for a creamy sauce.
Visit our Mondo delle Carrube page to learn more about carob and its benefits.