Italian Recipe - Carob Pasta with Ricotta and Gilkison Black Raspberry Jam
Posted on 22 April 2016
Carob is a legume similar to a pea that has a variety of health benefits because of its high levels of calcium, fiber, protein and other important vitamins and minerals. Benefits include aiding in the fight against osteoporosis and blood pressure and preventing cancer and spikes in blood sugar. It can also be used as an alternative to cocoa. This recipe uses our new carob pasta and Gilkison Farm black raspberry seedless jam and is an easy and flavorful way to enjoy carob and its many benefits.
- 1 8.8 oz. bag of Torchiette Carrube Pasta
- 3 T Migliarese Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Gilkison Farm Black Raspberry Seedless Jam
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Boil water and cook the pasta to taste (about 12 minutes).
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Carefully add the ricotta cheese and cook to combine and thicken slightly. If it becomes too thick, just add a spoonful of the pasta water and stir. Reduce the heat to low and simmer.
- When the pasta has cooked, add the black raspberry seedless jam to the cheese and mix well. Season as desired and combine with the pasta.
- Garnish with Pecorino Romano cheese.