Italian Recipe - Lemon Biscotti
Posted on 20 April 2016
Imagine...it's a beautiful Spring morning in Italy, and you are relaxing at a sidewalk cafe sipping espresso and enjoying biscotti. Sounds delightful and relaxing, doesn't it? While we can't whisk you away to the Italian cafe, you can have your own delicious Pellini espresso and homemade lemon biscotti right in your own home! And it's much easier than you think. We absolutely love this lemon biscotti for breakfast or a mid-morning snack dipped in Pellini espresso.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Migliarese Lemon Infused Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Migliarese Organic Lemon Marmalade
- 1 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 T baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and the lemon olive oil.
- Stir in the lemon marmalade and sugar. Add the chopped almonds.
- Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture and blend well. The dough should be soft enough to mold but neither too wet nor hard and dry. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Roll the dough into three two-inch-wide logs and place them on baking pans. Pat the top of the logs to slightly flatten them.
- Bake them for approximately 20 minutes. They are done when the tops of the logs begin to crack.
- Allow the logs to cook for five minutes. Using a sharp knife, slice each log into one-inch pieces.
- Place them back on the baking pan sliced side up and bake for an additional five minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favorite Pellini espresso blend and enjoy!