Italian Recipe - Mini Marmalade Tarts
Posted on 13 April 2016
These mini marmalade tarts are perfect for a quick, sweet snack or a light dessert. We used organic tangerine marmalade, but you can substitute any marmalade so it fits your taste.
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 whole eggs and one yolk
- Grated orange rind
- 1 jar Migliarese Organic Tangerine Marmalade
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add first five ingredients to a large bowl and mix to form a dough.
- Lightly butter mini muffin tins or use cooking spray. Using your fingers, press a small amount of dough into each tin. Create a small well in the center of each.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the dough is golden.
- Remove tarts from muffin tin and allow to cool. Fill with marmalade and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serving these mini tarts for breakfast or lunch? Pair with your favorite blend of Pellini espresso. If you want to serve for dessert, try Veglio Moscato d'Asti. Serve the wine cold to bring out the fresh tangerine flavors.